Saturday, August 20, 2011

What a week!

Thursday, I finally cast on for Sue's sweater.  Then we walked up to the farmer's market to see if they had anything decent this time (they didn't and we're not going again).  On the way home, it started getting pretty cloudy.  No big deal, right?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Mark no sooner put the blocks on the DirecTV dish so that it wouldn't blow away before all hell broke loose.  And I mean broke loose.  I still blame it on finally getting to Sue's sweater.  :)  We had 100+ mile per hour winds, hail in town the size of baseballs (although I didn't see any hail at all), lightening, and lots of thunder.  We had trees down and roads closed everywhere, and we lost power around six-ish that evening and didn't get it back until around midnight.  Cable went, and Mom was working, so she had to call Canada on my phone.  She has internet, cable, and phone through Mediacom, and when one goes, they all go.  Which isn't good if there's an emergency when the damn power's out.  I was really worried about her not being able to use her nebulizer or oxygen concentrator while the power was out all that time.  We had basic power in the camper because it ran on battery backup, so out went the important stuff in the fridge.  And the camper leaks.  Oh, joy!  I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Dad hasn't been sleeping well so he's pretty pissy lately.  The kids are here so I'm pretty pissy too.  And Kat's birthday is today.  Whoo freaking hoo.  :)

Supposed to storm again tonight.  Next month we're getting the good stuff for the camper roof.  Got stuff we thought was good this month but it's probably old or something, and junk.  Didn't help at all.  Should've just thrown our money out on the highway.  I've a strong mind to find their website and tell them what crap their product is.

Mark used Dad's Best Buy card and FINALLY bought a new laptop.  His old one was junk since the kids ruined it.  Now he won't trade it with me!  What a jerk!  It's the same as mine, but prettier with better features.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Blogger decided I needed to moderate some comments from MONTHS back that I've never seen before.  Sigh.

I'm off to something.  I'm a little scared to work on Sue's sweater.  :)  Happy weekend, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like its time to get out the 5 gallon buckets of Snowroof and give the entire roof a couple coats to remove any potential for further leaks.

    ReplyDelete