Friday, August 26, 2011

Insomnia

We're all stressed.  Too many people living in too small of an area.  My kids are monsters.  Yes, I am the bitch of the year when it comes to parenting, but they know how to push my buttons also.  And do it intentionally.  So yes, I yell, the kids cry, but still do what the hell they want, and everyone is stressed out.  And Mom thinks I'm just horrible to them, although she doesn't remember doing the exact same stuff to me. 

Anyway, I can't sleep.  Now that I've gone off of most of my meds, including the heavy hitting sleep ones, I have a really hard time.  And that doesn't do much for my frame of mind, either.  I go to bed, I'm tired, and I lay there.  I just doze off and BAM!  Wake back up.  Toss and turn and can't get comfortable.  I don't know if any of you have restless legs or not, but if you do, you'll understand what I mean when I say my whole body feels like that. 

Last night I got mad, got up in the dark, fumbled around for the Benadryl in the medicine cabinet, shook some amount into my hand (like four or five, I couldn't see) and took them, thinking they would help me sleep.  It still took forever.  I don't understand why I can't sleep.  I really don't.  My mind is usually not going 500 miles an hour when I go to bed, so I don't get it.  I've tried everything I can think of and nothing's working.  I'm thinking of going back to the doctor and getting the Ambien and Trazodone back.  :(

1 comment:

  1. So sorry. Maybe it would be a good thing for you to go back to the doctor. As I have said before, send me an email if you want to talk.

    ReplyDelete